Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We are a young nation but...


that hardly gives me any solace.

To me, Independence Day is a reminder of our young age as a nation. It is obvious therefore that there are so many things that are yet to be done. I feel we are running out of time.

Apart from Delhi, Mumbai and few of the other metros, private sector jobs are almost non-existent. Assam has graduates migrating into cities like Bangalore and Mumbai, staying away from their old parents, working as "Security Personnels" and other smaller jobs, for which they are over-qualified.

Youths who have decided to stay back are fighting for opportunities to make their ends meet. The economy has no market with enough demand and disposable income for any business to run profitably. Private sector investments are not forthcoming for lack of Government incentives and intent. It wont be wrong if I say that no industry is flourishing due to lack of an apt business cum economic strategy from a Govt. policy perspective.

Independence Day for them is a farce, a day perhaps to observe Assam Bandh by ULFA.

I wonder what do we do to kickstart the economic engine, which is currently polarised only in the metros. I continued my old clothes collection drive for my Bodo brothers and sisters and I end my day with satisfaction, if not happiness.

Joi Ai Axom. Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The fun is in knowing how nasty, boring or great fun, it was for you, reading my blog post... Just write in, criticize, praise, add to my thoughts or whatever you feel... it will only add to my perspective.
Thank you for your time. Cheers.